Breast Milk Ice Cream for Sale

That's right, breast milk ice cream.  While breastfeeding my children, I joked about selling breast milk cheese.  Disgusting but still funny.

Funny in London?  Not so much.   The Icecreamists parlor is selling breast milk ice cream called Baby Gaga.  They claim they're purchasing breast milk, at $24 an ounce, which is "pure, organic, free-range and totally natural."  They have 15 mothers who undergo the same health screenings used to screen blood.  Not sure if that screens for medications, non-organic chemicals, alcohol or anything else they ingest.

Although not my cup of ice cream, it's possible that the breast milk antibodies could outweigh negatives, however, I don't know this because I'm not a scientist, doctor or lawyer.  I do know breastfeeding burns a lot of calories, therefore, a modern day wet-nurses can earn income while working out.

Is this a sign of the times?  Read more on Breast Milk Ice Cream story.

No comments: